Re: [SLE] floppy format? still trying-take #2
  • From: Louis Richards <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:25:57 -0400
Stephen W wrote:

<SNIP>

Interesting, tell me what mke2fs is, but then when I
try to do it I am told "command not found." Duh, then
how does man know about it?

The "command not found" message does not mean the command is not there. It just could not find it. You are trying to run this command as a regular user (which is fine), but the command is in the "sbin" directory. The "sbin" directory is not in the PATH of a regular user.

Try:

/sbin/mke2fs

and it should work.

--