Re: [SLE] Samba: can not create files
  • From: JFL <jfl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:34:10 +0200
I am running Suse Pro 9 on my desktop, and are unable to create files on a Samba 3 server running Fedora Core 1.
I can modify files.
I can create files from other machines than my Suse.
What could be wrong?

How are you logging in from SuSE to your Fedora Samba box? As guest or with
login/password? Did you mount the share or are you just browsing in
Konqueror with smb:/ ?

The samba share is created when my machine boot as the data is entered in /etc/samba/smbfstab

Does that mean it's mounted by root? With which permissions?

No. I give it the same username and password as when I connect from Windows.

Jacob