Re: [SLE] YaST - resume
  • From: Geoff Horn <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:50:15 +0100
Hello Oliver,

Thanks for that but I tried:

1. Start online update.
2. Drop dialup connection at 75% of an upload.
3. Click "Abort"
4. Re-connect dialup.
5. Click "Continue update".

YOU decided to abort that 75% upload! In fact it still does this even without
dropping the line.

Oh, well, perhaps I'd better drop SuSE a line, but I'm surprised that this
feature isn't incorporated yet. It is back to curl for me, but it is more
fiddly.

Thanks anyway.

SuSE 9.1

Geoff

On Monday 10 May 2004 23:58, Oliver Kellermann wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> Maybe there is a solution for you. Today I made an online-update with my
> DSL-Line which gets cut every 24 hours. It happened in the middle of a
> download from YOU. What I did then was clicking on cancel of the
> online-update and then it asked me if I would really like to cancel it. At
> this stage I cancelled the cancellation and the download resumed at the 50%
> it had before. Hope this works for you, too! (btw. I used 9.1).
>
> Oliver
>
> > Anybody know whether it is possible to force YaST online-update to resume
> > download rather than restart it. This is quite a pain for us poor 56k
> > modem
> > types. My isp cuts me off after 2 hours so I'm having to download the
> > large
> > (>30MB) files via curl.
> >
> > Geoff

  • No further messages