Re: [SLE] DISSAPOINTING: Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1, fails to read /dev/hda partitions...
  • From: "W.D.McKinney" <deem@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:38:56 -0800
On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 21:56, Radu Voicu wrote:
> Well, yeah, sadly, I had the same problem, I had /dev/hda2 (root partition)
> formatted XFS, but the kernel wasn't able to mount it... I am still
> wondering what to do... to boot with an older SuSE distro (8.2, 9.0), and to
> update the kernel somehow (there's plenty of updates available - that makes
> me wonder if that wasn't a "rush release" - I don't have any excuse for the
> SuSE team and I find NO explanation, whatsoever, for leaving the kernel
> without XFS support)

I have yet to purchase 9.1 here. We need XFS support for sure. Is there
any fix for this ? We have standardized our servers on Debian previously
but as the latest one had new Adaptec Raid, SuSE was the only distro
that would pick up the hardware and find the HD upon the install.

Kudo's to SuSE on the 9.0 Pro version for this. We are awaiting to hear
now on the XFS issue before moving up.

Dee

> I had LOTS of other problems, (no XFS support, slab.c kernel panic, grub not
> installable, hunging at start, hunging at installation finish)
>
> I am pretty upset and I feel like I have been let down by the SuSE team, I
> wasn't expecting such a mess from a German company
>
> I CAN'T believe that nobody used XFS in the whole BETA team - it seems
> unbelievable!!!!

< Previous Next >