SuSE 9.1, fails to read /dev/hda partitions...
Got 9.1 yesterday, managed to do a network install onto a secondary
computer with no problems.

Tried it today on my main computer, upon the install screen was greeted
by a message stating that my partitions were not readable by parted and
nothing basically could be changed. This system did boot fine with 8.2.

Managed to get the system installed by switching to another terminal and
then using "partprobe /dev/hda", the installation was then able to see
/dev/hda's partitions fine. During install I let it download and install
the newest updates, but on reboot and booting from hard drive I was
greeted with a kernel panic as once again the 2.6 failed to see the
partitioning on a master drive.

Kind of worried about updating whilst in the system, as last time I was
not able to get back in, even via partprobe, as some modules could not
be found. Also, noticed that during bootup when the hard drive is
noticed, right below that it shows th partitions, however with /dev/hda
it was showing a mazsize statement only.

Did try acpi off, no dma. Any known fix?

Thanks,

Matt