Re: [SLE] Mantel's 2.6.5-11 and 2.6.5-12 kernels and Nvidia
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:16:55 +0100
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:

On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:41:22 +0100
Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm determined not to get caught by the 4KSTACKS patch again. The

[snip]

I didn't follow the thread. I was just planning to update my
workstation before leaving to Hong Kong for 2 months.

in the brokenout.tar.gz. Knowing Corporates, I'd expect nvidia to
come up with a new driver six months from now, a big MAYBE, but I'm
open to surprises. Regards

Adding up the 40 days missing to my departure... I won't have to wait
too much after I'll be back ;) anyway in the changelog they commented:

Good luck on your trip. I always travelled with a laptop and tried to connect a few times a week.

new nvidia driver is expected soon.

I certainly hope so.

Surely sooner than a MS security patch I hope ;)
What did make you think we should wait so long for a fix from nvidia?

Well, most closed source stuff is not the most moveable, besides, these things are usually done by one or two people on a part time basis.

If nvidia drivers were Open, we wouldn't have this problem I think.

I just saw a post that said the affected part was, so hoping the guys who did sterling work on earlier nvidia drivers to get them to work with 2.5/2.6-pre can come up with an answer.

BTW I'm lurking on suse-programming-e and it seems that YaST new
license moved some people into YaST development.

I'd been wondering about that only today, like what is likely to make a wish list of new features and improvements, I hope they canvas the lists for ideas.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >