Re: [SLE] webmin suse 9.1
  • From: Mark Knudson <mrk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:52:34 -0400
Jack Malone wrote:
Just wondering if anyone is using the webmin that suse put out with 9.1. I installed it an it want let me conect to it now. i tried both http://madjack:10000/ an using localhost:10000/ an it want connect either way.

I couldn't get the suse installed version to work either. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. After that the /etc/webmin directory was empty.
I went to the webmin.com site and tried installing the RPM. It did not recognize Suse 9.1.
I went back to the webmin site and got the tar.gz file. It installed and asked about the OS being used. After that I was able to connect via port :10000.

see the following page for links and instructions:
http://www.webmin.com/download.html