Re: [SLE] Determine the installed bootloader ?
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:14:48 -0400
<snip>

> True enough, but what I am tring to solve is different:
> Rebooting a remote (very remote!) server, that has an unknown bootloader,
> after a kernel upgrade. So I must know wether I have to run LILO or not. Both
> Packages are installed. See the problem ?

You can query the rpm database and see which one is installed. Or you
can use pin. You can see if grub is on this machine by looking in the
/boot directory.

If grub is used, there should be a directory called grub inside the
/boot directory. You can also check for a menu.lst file which to my
knowledge is only used with grub.

Maybe some of the above helps some. I would try using rpm or pin before
looking in directories.

Marshall