Re: [SLE] Issues after KDE upgrade to 3.2.2
  • From: Radule Soskic <rms@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:19:12 +0200
Thank you for your advice. I reinstalled the package this morning, but
it helped only with the issue #2 (SuSE Watcher). Regarding issue #1
(windows decoration) I still have the same situation. The SuSE default
is missing (and maybe some others, too - the list seems shorter than it
was before the update) .

I still hope someone will point me to the right direction regarding
this.

cikasole

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 14:27, Radu Voicu wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Yes, those things you are talking about are all from the package named
> kdebase3-SuSE, you can reinstall it by hand:
>
> wget
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/i386/9.0/suse/i586/kdebase3-SuSE-9.0-80.i586.rpm
>
> rpm -ihv kdebase3-SuSE-9.0-80.i586.rpm
>
> I strongly advise you to get the package locally, because you're gonna
> need to uninstall / reinstall this package if you're using apt-get :))
>

> Radule Soskic wrote:
>
> >Hi, SLE members,
> >
> >I decided to upgrade my KDE from original 9.0 distribution to 3.2.2. I
> >used Yast (added suse ftp update directory to instalation sources list)
> >and all went fine.
> >
> >But, I noticed some minor issues that I can not resolve without help
> >from the SLE users.
> >
> >1. The windows decoration set that was set default by installation of
> >suse 9.0 is gone now. It was called "SuSE" or so, if I remember well.
> >Now the closest one is Keramik. This issue is not very important, but I
> >am curious what happened, and how the whole thing works. I don't know
> >how my KDE knows which type of decoration to use, and where all these
> >are picked up from?
> >
> >2. The small round green icon (the smiling face of suse lizzard) that
> >was sitting in the panel is also gone. I mean the one which was doing
> >the monitoring for online updates availability. I don't know which
> >application was standing behind it. I tried searching through menus and
> >the package list, but couldn't find any name that could remaind me to
> >the one I'm missing.
> >

> >TIA & Best regards,
> >
> >cikasole

< Previous Next >