RE: [SLE] SUSE 9.0 Pro - Mounting original file systems in rescue system
  • From: Frits Wuthrich <frits@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 23:02:07 +0200

Don't know how much different 9.0 is from 9.1 (I don't have 9.0), in the
manual of 9.1 for the rescue system it says, to mount to /mnt. You don't
create that, that is standard created in the RAMDISK. So the only command
would need to be:
mount /dev/hda3 /mnt
I have to use this right now to correct an error I made, and I had to search
for the correct drive number. Also I type in the command while I already was
at /mnt , I had to go to someplace else and return to /mnt to see the
result.
I didn't get any error messages, with the exception when I was trying to
mount a NTFS partition. mount told me it couldn't mount an NTFS partition.

I hope this helps.

Frits Wuthrich