Re: [SLE] suse 9 on tty1
  • From: Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:43:17 +0200
On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 03:37:32PM +0100, Pete Stokes wrote:
> I want to get rid of the blue display on tty1 after boot and have tty1
> the same as tty2/3/..... black on white.
> It must be simple!

Well, I don't know if simple is the correct word, but it can indeed be
done. These things are defined in the bootsplash setup, but where that
setup can be found depends on your version of SusE. In 8.2 it was
somewhere in the usr/share directory, but in 9.1 I managed to locate
them in the /etc/bootsplash directory. Afterwards you'll need to
run mkinitrd to make the changes sink in.

I don't know exactly how I did it, but I did manage to change both
the screen on tty1 and the bootsplash screen on my arcade machine,
so it _is_ possible. :)

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff

< Previous Next >