Re: [SLE] SUSE9.1 install problem
  • From: Lukacs Zsolt <zsolt.lukacs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 10:01:39 +0200
Jason wrote:

Hi,

On Monday 10 May 2004 07:48, Lukacs Zsolt wrote:

I have experienced a problem during SUSE9.1 install.
I have a PIII 833, 256+128MB RAM, grafic card card i815.
The problem is that I put in the first CD into the drive, it starts and
I choose install from the menu. It starts to load the kernel, after the
kernel has been loaded(not started) the machine reboots.

I had the same problem with my Giga-byte motherboard. Try curing it by choosing APIC interrupt mode in BIOS -- where before it was PIC that only worked in 8.2. On my motherboard setup it's under "BIOS Features".
I remember getting bitten by this, but the other way round, when I fitted this motherboard and used an existing hard disk installation.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Thanks Jason, but I do not have that option in the BIOS. I have searched it twice with no result, but thanks anyway.

Maybe any other suggestion?

Zsolt