Re: [SLE] SUSE9.1 install problem
  • From: Jason <jglane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:04:56 +0100
Hi,

On Monday 10 May 2004 07:48, Lukacs Zsolt wrote:
> I have experienced a problem during SUSE9.1 install.
> I have a PIII 833, 256+128MB RAM, grafic card card i815.
> The problem is that I put in the first CD into the drive, it starts and
> I choose install from the menu. It starts to load the kernel, after the
> kernel has been loaded(not started) the machine reboots.

I had the same problem with my Giga-byte motherboard.
Try curing it by choosing APIC interrupt mode in BIOS -- where before it was
PIC that only worked in 8.2. On my motherboard setup it's under "BIOS
Features".

I remember getting bitten by this, but the other way round, when I fitted this
motherboard and used an existing hard disk installation.

Hope this helps,

Jason