Changing monitor
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 20:23:23 +0100
I've had to take the old 17" monitor off my second linux box because it died,
and I've replaced it with an even older 15". Of course, the new monitor won't
run under the same config as the old. However, the config is proving hard.

Using SuSE 8.2, sax2 won't work - the monitor goes into standby mode when I
run it. The monitor won't work when the box boots in normal mode (of course),
and won't even display a terminal on Ctrl-Alt-F2 for example. However, if I
boot under safe settings, it gives a terminal display properly.

How can I config this monitor? Even a basic VGA setting would be fine as a
start!

TiA

John
--