Re: [SLE] Fwd: 9.1 LiveCD hangs in VMWare
  • From: Ian Schorr <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 09:20:49 -0700
Here's another important reason: VMWare lets me run Linux *at all*.

Linux isn't much good to me without network access. And at home, I use
wireless. Since there are *still* no drivers for my wireless system available,
it's not feasible for me to boot into and run Linux at home.

With VMWare, all that is transparent. VMWare presents a virtual, generic,
100mbps interface to Linux, and handles all the translation to the
"real-world". My virtual machine is on the network, with a real IP address, a
"real" MAC address, and real connectivity to the Internet. I can't do that
without VMWare, currently.

Ian