Re: [SLE] KDE & Gnome - common desktop
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:53:36 +0100
Daniel Secareanu wrote:

Greetings all...

I have not checked if this subject was discussed already on the list so
pls bear with me :)
I wonder if any of you have common desktop items in both KDE and Gnome
and if there is any way of going around this...
I mean I have both trash-es, the KDE links in Gnome and the Start Here
link from Gnome in KDE...
Maybe SuSE should think about creating gDesktop and kDesktop in order to
keep these items separated...
Thank you.

Daniel

Most people need to access both kde and gnome apps from either, like I need to access gnomemeeting from kde. All the wisdom has been asking for a common desktop or at least they should be interoperable, so both groups are working on that and X.org's development is geared to making that easier also.
It makes sense to be able to pick which apps to use whatever desktop you are running, that's the way forward, SuSE/KDE/GNOME/Ximian for a large part are all under the Novell umbrella now.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.