RE: [SLE] Mac OSX clients can't talk to my SuSE9 Server
  • From: Ian Schorr <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 16:29:22 -0700

Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 09:35:34 -0700
Subject: RE: [SLE] Mac OSX clients can't talk to my SuSE9 Server
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx

In my experience OS X appears to store resource forks in NFS the same way that
it does in UXFS - it creates "specially-named" files that store the information
and are "invisible" to the Finder.

Supposedly it works okay, but is a bit annoying if the FS is shared by non-OS X
users, and I've heard that it can occasionally be problematic.

Personally I'd rather use SAMBA or AFP. And upgrade to NFSv4 when built-in
support exists in OS X (not for a while, I'm sure)

Ian

Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:01:56 -0500

OK, I'm willing to entertain this notion. Does that mean OSX has a
built in NFS client ? Will this setup fully support Mac file resource
forks ?

Stuart.

----- End forwarded message -----

< Previous Next >