Fwd: 9.1 LiveCD hangs in VMWare
  • From: Ian Schorr <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 16:26:45 -0700
Resending since this doesn't seem to have shown up in 10 hours...

Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 09:27:39 -0700
Subject: 9.1 LiveCD hangs in VMWare
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx

Hi,

I'm using VMWare Workstation 4.51 to try to run the new 9.1 LiveCD image.

Unfortunately, it's simply hanging at "Starting PCMCIA". The system doesn't
freeze - entering characters will display on the console (telling me that
VMWare didn't hang, nothing "crashed" per se), but will not continue past that
point and displays no errors.

I've tried the "safe mode" boot, but it has the same problem.

I also haven't been able to find any parameters (in the VMWare virtual BIOS or
in the VMWare app itself) that would seem to make any difference.

Has anyone else run into this? Obviously there's no PCMCIA in my virtual VMWare
PC, is there a boot option to disable starting the pcmcia module?

SuSE 9.0 runs just great for me in VMWare.

Thanks,
Ian

----- End forwarded message -----