Re: [SLE] Huge clunky Goddess-awful 9.1 KDE menu graphics
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timeto.paws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 14:30:13 -0700

Joe Sullivan wrote:
| Hey,
|
| Okay, I'm very familiar with changing KDE options.
|
| But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to shrink those clunky
huge
| icons next to menu items in the KDE menu... get 'em to the size they
were in
| 9.0 or whatever. Just smaller.
|
| I don't need a menu that covers my entire screen. I can see them at a
smaller
| size. Really! Perfect eyesight!
|
| So what has to be done to change these? I've already tried changing the
| various icon options in the Control Center, but those don't affect the
menu.

| Thanks,
| Flame
I can't find the thread but I saved the answer that worked for me:

On Friday 07 May 2004 21:52, Fabian Niestroj wrote:

|> I found an article in the German support database: Open the file
|> ".kde/share/config/kickerrc" in an editor and find the paragraph
"[menus]".
|> There is a variable called "MenuEntryHeight=32". Replace the 32 with e.g.
|> 22 to get smaller icons in the KDE menu.

Tacking a "Solved" to this, because it worked!

Added: Change something about the Menu in:

Control Center > Desktop > Panels - Menu tab and that'll put the change in
effect.

MenuEntryHeight=15 is a nice size for a small-yet-legible menu.
Excellent for
those of us who install almost everything on the discs and then some. ;-)

Thanks!
Joe

- --
Adolph & Sharon Weidanz