Re: [SLE] xemacs and ftp client
  • From: Clayton <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 17:47:21 +0200
> But I can't find it!
>
> I opened Control Center -> YaST2 modules -> Software -> Install and
> Remove Software and used that search function. No result.
>
> I took a shell
> man KBear
> which KBear
> whereis KBear
> without any luck.
> I even searched the 3 cd's with
> find /media/cdrom/ -name '*ear*' -print
>
> Where do I go wrong?
> And how do I install any kind of software with help of YaST2?

So, get the RPM from here :-)
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.0/suse/i586

If you click use Konqueror to go to the FTP site, and click on the
RPM, it will be downlaoded, and you will/should be given the option
to install using YAST (button in Konq). Click it, enter your
password, and the RPM will be installed - assuming there are no
missing dependancies or conflicts.

C.

< Previous Next >