Re: [SLE] Which kernel 2.6.5?
  • From: Mark Crean <mcrean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 23:49:09 +0100
On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 15:01, kat@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> strange -- I am running 8 SuSE 9 boxes all with 2.6.5-10.21
> and have built Snort_inline and use them for IPS systems
> with Ebtables and iptables. I used the basic RPMs off the
> ftp site with no problems...

Well who knows why. I tried a different one (2.6.5-10.35). It hangs
while running through loading daemons, though occasionally it gets as
far as loading the keymap before crapping out. It compiles fine, though,
but same result if I roll my own. I'll wait a few days then try another
one. I don't really want to update to 9.1 immediately. I prefer to wait
4-6 weeks for a few bugs to surface and patches or database articles to
appear. Quite likely there's something here that's not up to date
enough.

;)

Fish

  • No further messages