Re: [SLE] how to convert email
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:13:31 +0200
On Friday 07 May 2004 13.37, Frits Wüthrich wrote:
> I want to update from SuSE8.1 to 9.1. I can't update without deleting
> Evolution 1.2.4 first. So before I delete evolution, how can I transfer my
> emails to Kmail? Or is there a better way of doing this?

9.1 includes evolution 1.4, which uses the same mail format as 1.2.
Uninstalling evolution will not delete your mail, and you should be able to
read them without let or hindrance in 1.4, so there's really no need to move
them over

If you really want to move them over, your folders are in mbox format in
$HOME/evolution/local/, you can just copy them to $HOME/Mail and kmail should
pick them up. Or you can use the kmail tools->import feature to import the
folders