Re: [SLE] CUPS problem -- starting with lpinfo...
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:31:38 -0500
* James D. Ivey <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx> [05-06-04 15:17]:

> I haven't been able to get into the web interface for cups yet. It
> doesn't access my root id and password. But I'm trying to take it
> step-by-step, starting with lpinfo.

Reading this list help a lot. Posted earlier today:

<quote>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 10:06:51 -0400
From: Louis Richards <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] HP3030: Printer/Scanner clash

<trim...>
Last but not least, you need to set up your printer. Do not use Yast for
this. Use the CUPS web interface at http://localhost:631/ . If you have
never used this interface before, you will have to add an admin user
first by entering "lppasswd -g sys -a user". I am not sure if you have
to restart cups or not after this, but it couldn't hurt. Type "rccups
restart". Use the web interface to set up as many printers as needed for
different resolutions setting the device to the PTAL device created
above.
</quote>

You *do* read the list ??

HOG # US1244711