Re: [SLE] nvidia driver 5336 and k_athlon_2.4.21-215 install problem
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 20:04:48 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:

Sid Boyce wrote:

A friend installed this SuSE kernel and nvidia 5336 won't install.
From the directory made by the --extract-only..........
./nvinstaller
error: Unable to determine nvidia kernel module filename
make: *** [select_makefile] error 1

Same details in /var/log/nvidia-installer.log.
Anyone run across this problem after upgrading?
Regards
Sid.

No problems. Don't forget that the driver will re-compile itself on re-installation to suit the new kernel - and one must provide the correct environment for it to do so. All this has been discussed in this formu many times already as you would (proably) know.

Cheers.

I posted as I got the request in on the phone. Then this morning I got a call about not being able to track down the kernel sources and the penny dropped. Pete prefers to do the --extract-only and do things manually after having some problem with an earlier set of drivers and finding it was the only way to get it working, I think it was the nature of the message that threw us. I think you get a different message if you do a ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run.
Thanks and Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.