Re: [SLE] Problem with SLES 8 with Compaq DL360
  • From: Vincent Propice <vpe@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:50:25 +0200

I did the same problem on DL360G3 with SuSE Linux 8.1 (SLES 8 is based on SL 8.1)
try acpi=off or acpismp=force on kernel paramters

Vincent

At 09:57 05/05/2004 -0400, Daniel Thivierge wrote:
Hi all,
Try to install SLES 8 on a dual CPU/Smart Array (Raid 1)/Kernel SMP and
failed after the first reboot during installation. Got stuck on Partition
check: ida/c0d0 and the only thing that work is the alt-ctrl-del. I got
around that problem by selecting the standard kernel (not smp) during
installation and the rest work find.

Before I get any further with this server I will like to have some of your
input/experience with such configuration. And see if it is possible to
have a smp kernel back has the main kernel. I will be patching the server
later on and hoping their is a kernel update that fix the bugs.

Cheers.

PS : This is my first installation of SLES :>