Re: [SLE] ATI 3D Card but no 3D acceleration possible??
  • From: Martin Mielke <martin.mielke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:28:30 +0200
Hi Damon,

Damon Register wrote:

Martin Mielke wrote:

I just discovered that the (rather old) laptop I'm using has an ATI 3D Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x graphics card but oddly it's not possible to activate the 3D acceleration, according to SaX2 under SuSE 9.0 Pro ...

I don't understand. Are you saying that SaX2 doesn't offer a 3D setting
or are you saying that 3D still doesn't work after enabling in SaX2?

Nope, I said that this laptop has a 3D-capable card but SaX2 doesn't offer a way to use it...

I am no expert here but I found that with 2 of my computers using
ATI Radeon cards, I had to manually edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and add
Load "dri" to the modules section

Let me try it... keep your fingers crossed ;)

Martin

< Previous Next >