Re: [SLE] Mail configuration.
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 05:15:15 -0400
"Jerome R. Westrick" wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 06:46, John N. Alegre wrote:
>> When first installed does SuSE 9.0 Pro have either sendmail or postfix? >> Which one?
>>
>> I take it that it is not configured in the install
>> correct?
>>
>> john
---<sig line trimmed>---

> I believe it installs sendmail.
> There is a YAST2 module to set it up.
> It worked for me without problems..
>
> jerry

John,

In 9.0, as Anders pointed out SuSE installs by default: "postfix".

The default in earlier versions of SuSE use to be
"sendmail" and IIRC, some of the scripts still reference
"sendmail" so it can get a little confusing.

You can check which one is installed by doing:
"pin postfix"

If you don't have "pin" installed,
I would suggest installing it as "pin" is very handy.

"pin" stands for "Package IdentificatioN"

You can alsso look in YaST, or

you can also do: rpm -qa |sort |more

and see if "postfix" and/or "sendmail" is on the list.

Hope this helps,

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

  • No further messages