Re: [SLE] Mac OSX clients can't talk to my SuSE9 Server
  • From: Ermanno Polli <ermanno.polli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 10:51:37 +0200
Stuart Powell wrote:

OK, I'm willing to entertain this notion. Does that mean OSX has a
built in NFS client ? Will this setup fully support Mac file resource
forks ?

They already told you Mac OSX has BSD under the skin.

BSD, like all the other OS, doesn't have the two-forks notion. If you transfer a Mac OS9 style file with NFS (or FTP, or scp, or whatever transfer files out of OSX), you loose the resource fork.
For that you need Appletalk.

Stuart.

[snip]

Ciao,