Wrong size of KDE menu and it's icons in SuSE 9.1 Pro
  • From: Dan Svarreby <dan.svarreby@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 10:17:07 +0200
Me and a couple of other SuSE 9.1 users (http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/) have experienced problems with the way that the KDE menu looks. This occur after a standard installation. The icons in the KDE menu are huge and the width of the menus are too wide. Some one reported success if you;

* Keep low resolution (800/600/400) all the way during the installation (that includes the last step when you choose graphics card/monitor)
* When you log in for the first time, enable higher resolution (over 1000x1000)

I have not re-installed 9.1 and confirmed that this will work at my machine.

I have some questions to all of you;

* If you've installed SuSE 9.1 Pro and experienced these errors/bugs AND found a way to solve this situation, please let the rest of us aware of it :)
* How do I file a bug report?

/Dan

  • No further messages