Re: [SLE] 9.1 Issues
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:01:50 +0200
On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 20:24, L. Mark Stone wrote:
> 1. The eval CD (just like 9.0) misidentifies my monitor and so
> misconfigures X with out of range frequencies => blank screen. I have a
> Samsung SyncMaster 957MB. 9.0 misidentified this as a SyncMaster 4S,
> BTW. 8.2 had no problems with this monitor.

Not sure how to fix your problem but I would like to mention something.
For years, every single linux distro I tried, with the exception of
Knoppix, misdetected my monitor (LG Studioworks 55V). I e-mailed
feedback (when the e-mail option was still around) and gave them my
monitor's specs, and in the next release (9.0) my monitor was detected
and setup correctly.

Kind regards
--
Hans du Plooy