Nobody is home in Samba
  • From: Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 15:00:46 -1000
I have Samba running on Suse 9.0 as a server. I also have a Sony notebook
with Windows XP on it. When I access my Samba server thru the windows
client /var/lib/nobody is the directory shared not my home directory. How
can I have my home directory show up in the samba client? Why does the
nobody directory show up?

Here is my samba.conf file:

# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SuSE
# Date: 2003-09-23
[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
os level = 2
time server = Yes
unix extensions = Yes
encrypt passwords = yes
map to guest = Bad User
printing = CUPS
printcap name = CUPS
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
wins support = No
veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
security = user
server string = Samba Server
add user script =
domain master = false