Re: [SLE] Mac OSX clients can't talk to my SuSE9 Server
  • From: "Stuart Powell" <spowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:35:50 -0500
Thanks, guys.

This information is very useful. I'm off to choke some Mac guys...

Stuart.

* Stuart Powell (spowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [040505 14:03]:
>OK, I'm willing to entertain this notion. Does that mean OSX has a
>built in NFS client ? Will this setup fully support Mac file
resource
>forks ?

Yes, actually it does. You could also setup a Samba server on this
SUSE
machine and the Macs should be able to see the shares in the finder
with
no problems. I've read about people having a lot of luck with both NFS
and Samba. Appletalk is really a throwback that one shouldn't use with
OSX.

--
"There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky
and land on a flat Earth in order to defend religious faith."