Mac OSX clients can't talk to my SuSE9 Server
  • From: "Stuart Powell" <spowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:06:38 -0500
Hello, everyone.

I have been trying to set up a server for a group of Mac users. I set
up the Appletalk packages and have been able to get the MacOS9 users to
connect without any trouble at all.

However, the OSX client machines refuse to login to the server. They
can see the server in the list of available servers, and when they try
to connect it prompts them for an ID and password, but then it never
connects. The same ID and password on an OS9 box works just fine. Has
anyone had any success getting OSX clients to talk to SuSE9 via
Appletalk ? If so, were there any special steps involved ? I'm not a
Mac user myself, so I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting
this from the client end.

Thanks,
Stuart.