Simple SSH setup - Advice needed
  • From: Sandor <slaza1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:16:24 +0200
Hi,

I would need some advice on a simple problem:

I ahave two machines running SUSE 9.0. I want to log in to one system,
but run some shell scripts on the other one. So far, I used to SSH to
the remote machine, start the script and that's it.

The only inconvenience is that SSH always ask for my password. I have
the same user name, same password on both machines. I read in the SSH
man page that it can bypass the second login putting the machine name
into /etc/hosts.equiv, but it does not seems to work. (It also said that
this method is switched off for security reasons)

I was reading the SSH documentation for an hour but still could not
bypass the second password requirement...

Call me lazy, but after that I decided to give up and ask someone...
:-))) I assume, the solution is easy if someone knows how to do it!

I would appreciate if someone could give me a hand!

Thank you!

Sandor Laza

< Previous Next >