Problem with SLES 8 with Compaq DL360
  • From: "Daniel Thivierge" <Daniel_Thivierge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:57:42 -0400
Hi all,
Try to install SLES 8 on a dual CPU/Smart Array (Raid 1)/Kernel SMP and
failed after the first reboot during installation. Got stuck on Partition
check: ida/c0d0 and the only thing that work is the alt-ctrl-del. I got
around that problem by selecting the standard kernel (not smp) during
installation and the rest work find.

Before I get any further with this server I will like to have some of your
input/experience with such configuration. And see if it is possible to
have a smp kernel back has the main kernel. I will be patching the server
later on and hoping their is a kernel update that fix the bugs.

Cheers.

PS : This is my first installation of SLES :>