Re: [SLE] loosing profiles in Mozilla
  • From: Martin Mielke <martin.mielke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:03:20 +0200
Hi Luca,

Luca Mollica wrote:

Dear all,

after performing a normal ssh login on the machine I am currently working on (say,A) from another computer (say B, both using SUSE 9.0), I have encountered troubles with mozilla on machine A: my login profile has been lost, now I have created another mozilla profile named luca that has been configured under directory /home/luca/.mozilla/luca-1, and I can see another folder named luca.
I have tried to change settings but quite unsuccessfully, my profiles remains the new, even if I try to play with mv/cp commands in order to replace the new directory luca-1 with the former luca(nothing has been permantly deleted), but no effect has been generated.
So, do you have any suggestion in order to recover the old profile???

Hmmm... maybe this could sound stupid but... are you sure that you are logged into computer-A, either local or remotely, where your original Mozilla-profile was? Are you using NIS? Are you using the roaming profile settings?

HTH,
Martin