Re: [SLE] please!! help me, completly lost!
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 07:06:46 -0700
Joao - Calcados Jacob S/A wrote:

o RAID1 contém sua partição raiz?
just because I like Falamansa doesn't mean that I understand them.

BUT I CAN´T BOOT! please, i´m completly newby with boot loaders over
linux machines, i´ve been searching discussion lists like these,
I tried to setup a bootable raid1 some months ago but I gave up on
it. Eventually I just left the /boot partition non-raid. I took
what a SuSE 9.0 install gave for a raid setup. A coworker gave
me two links that may be of some value to you.
http://freddenny.com/UNIX/linuxRAID.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

I didn't really have the ambition to figure it out for myself so that
is why I just accepted the data only (not boot) raid that SuSE
install gave me. I think what you want to do is remove one of
the small drives and replace with the new larger one.

One thing I learned a few months ago is that there is a lot more
information on raid with lilo. I couldn't find much on raid with
grub.

Damon Register

< Previous Next >