Re: [SLE] Still cant connect to my ISP
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 15:04:15 +1000
Brad Shelton wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 10:53, Basil Chupin wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Sunday 2004-05-02 at 16:36 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

It is physically not possible to connect on a dial-up connection above
57600 baud - nor can data flow faster than the theoretical 57600 baud
simply because this is the upper limit of the beast.

I know. I work(ed) in that field. :-)

[rest pruned]

Ah, this is a case of the converted preaching to the converted :-).

I'll let you field the statement from Brad (re the venerable Monsieur Baudot :-)).

`*8>

I didn't send that response to the list. Only to you.

I don't like publicly responding to something that may be interpreted as
an embarrasment so I repond privately.

An apology is therefore appropriate - with an explanation.

My message filter throws all messages with (SLE) in the Subject line
into this forum, and I also display on the screen VERY abbreviated
Header information (Subject and From only) so to me all messages in this
forum are non-private. Following your message I've made more of the
Header info visible so that I won't make this boo-boo again.

But, as you will see, the contents of your message have not been posted in this forum.

Cheers.