Re: [SLE] 486 fast enough?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 01:12:15 -0400
Hans du Plooy wrote:

> I tried sticking two more 8mb simms (72 pin) in it, but it came up with kernel
> panick. I have a feeling it takes non-edo ram or something like that. I'm
> not too sure, my memory of all those different types of ram are a bit hazy...

EDO came long after Pentiums, so I doubt any 486's know anything about
it. You need FPM, the standard 72 pin prior to EDO.
--
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every
opportunity." Colossians 4:5 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/