Re: [SLE] Mail account browsing
  • From: pinto <pinto45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 22:07:54 +0000
On Tuesday 04 May 2004 Carlos E. R wrote:
> Do you know a program that can browse a POP3 mail account, and delete
> some of the emails without downloading them?
_________________-

Maybe:-

If you have a pop3 server,
you can log onto it with telnet 110 and interrogate the pop3
server. Here is how mine does it. I haven't shown the server
USER yourusername
PASS yourpassword
LIST <---------This shows you all your messages and their size,which I
think
includes attachments.
DELE <message no> deletes the big one if you want
RETR <message no> gets the message, dumping it to your screen.
TOP <message no> < Number of lines> Shows first part of message plus
all headers. Takes two numbers, like TOP 3 5
QUIT Sign you off.

--

best wishes

sent on Linux