Re: [SLE] Switching to linux workstation??
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 15:53:52 -0400
On Tuesday 04 May 2004 3:29 pm, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 15:30, Fred Miller wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 May 2004 10:03 am, Sid Boyce wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Adobe was beseached many years ago to port to Linux, but they refused,
> > > that was in the light of many people making them aware that they were
> > > running it under Linux using the Mac emulator, Executor.
> >
> > You may have "hit" on something, Sid. I don't think that the excuse for
> > refusing to port software is always accurately stated that, "there's not
> > much of a market," or that, "they won't buy it." I think the TRUTH is
> > that MickySoft and Apple don't want software ported!
> >
> > Fred
>
> I think you've hit the nail on the head. The opensource response was to
> start developing the GIMP, the demand was the heaviest I've seen for a
> Commercial app to run native on Linux.

I don't doubt that a bit, or is it "byte." :) Maybe it's time that SUSE/
Novell, RH and who knows who else, applied some of their own pressure to get
it ported. The excuse that Linux users wouldn't buy native Linux PhotoShop is
bogus......pure and simple!

Fred

--
"The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)