Re: [SLE] realtime clock probs-solved ...
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:15:43 +0100
On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 07:25, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 08.16, Sid Boyce wrote:
> > I haven't been following this thread closely and assuming xntp is being
> > used to synchronise the clocks. I've installed a new motherboard and I
> > am seeing clock drift possibly because of a low battery, though ACPI is
> > not reporting anything. I've had to edit crontab "crontab -e -u root"
> > and insert the following line to keep my clock synched.
> > * * * * * /usr/sbin/ntptimeset -S 1 -s >/dev/null 2>&1
>
> That runs once a minute. Is it really as bad as that? That can't be good. How
> much does a CMOS battery cost these days?
I think xntp runs every miniute normally, however as I'm on a cable
modem, it doesn't matter. I only thought of the battery as a possible
problem as I posted, may be it's not as my CMOS contents don't get
changed when I power off. Next time the box is off, I will change the
battery as I have a number of old/dead mobos about.
Regards
Sid.
--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >