help on disk upgrade
Hy there!
first of all, forgive my english, i read a lot better then write!!

Oh great hall of linux geeks, my question is the following :

I´ll need to upgrade my production network server (samba + mysql) hd´s, with
the following scenario :

i actually have 4 20 Gig disks, 2 of then into an raid1 (software) and
another two for backups pourpouses, but my poor raid is actualy 97%
full..... and if our dear shoes designers save another 200 megs files, i´ll
probably will have my face into a dart target...

no problems into transfering data, partitioning, building raid valumes,
blablabal,

BUT I CAN´T BOOT! please, i´m completly newby with boot loaders over linux
machines, i´ve been searching discussion lists like these, googling a lot
ever the last week, but everywhere where someone tell woh to make it, theres
a lack of information exacly where they say how to transfer the boot, and
time is going short!

P.S : not shure about wich boot loader actualy using.. LILO or GRUB, both
are installed, and can´t restart server over next 3 weeks!

using SUSE 8.1

any help, even a link, would be very welcome.

Joao Marka

  • No further messages