Re: [SLE] Switching to linux workstation??
  • From: Fred Miller <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 23:40:37 -0400
On Monday 03 May 2004 7:22 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2004 07:20 pm, Fred Miller wrote:
> > On Monday 03 May 2004 5:05 pm, James Knott wrote:
> > > I guess you missed those articles about how Linux is used to make many
> > > movies. As I recall, some of the scence in Titanic were generated with
> > > Linux. There are other movies as well, including one animated feature,
> > > that was created entirely with Linux.
> > >
> > > Do a Google search on "Linux video editing".
> >
> > That is not the graphics software he was refering to, nor was I. The
> > point is, that without PhotoShop, Linux is "ham-strung" in the Pro.
> > photography industry......period.
> >
> > Fred
>
> I thought PhotoShop ran under Crossover Office....... No?

To be honest, I don't know.....I don't have Crossover Office. What we need is
NATIVE PhotoShop. I know, the group who works on Gimp has done an admirable
job, but there's too much that isn't supported, or well. The WORST is that
there's no way to color match your monitor to your printer. This isn't that
big a deal for most users who only want to print an occasional snapshot, but
it is when you're doing high-end work, the prints are often large and MUST be
perfect.

Fred

--
"The only secure Microsoft software is what's still
shrink-wrapped in their warehouse..." (Forno)

< Previous Next >