Re: [SLE] Switching to linux workstation??
  • From: Mark Crean <mcrean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 01:08:19 +0100
Ben Rosenberg wrote:

[snip]
Well, CXOffice solves this. I'm on most of the Codeweavers mailing lists
and people say PS works just fine. And if people were so damn in need of
Photoshop and willing to pay for it then they better be emailing the CEO
of Adobe with their CC numbers ready to purchase it because he's STILL
under the impression that Linux users WILL NOT pay for software so until
he thinks otherwise ..this isn't a Linux issue. It's a PHB asshole
problem. ;)

Just my 2 cents, but I think you may find it's a Mac problem. If the industry-standard graphics programs were ported to Linux, the Mac's stronghold in the graphics industry would vanish pdq. I should imagine the CEO of Adobe has an excruciating pressure named Steve Jobs placed upon him. For all that, though, it isn't just the flagship programs but a vast array of supporting software that enables workflows, collaboration, etc., as well as font libraries and colour calibration. Porting just Photoshop to Linux isn't really an answer, though it would help.

:)

Fish