Re: [SLE] Uploading Photos
  • From: "James D. Ivey" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 16:14:45 -0700
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 15:22, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2004 05:58 pm, Steve Crane wrote:
> > On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 05:39:20PM -0400, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > > But she doesn't have a web site of her own..... so moving an image to a
> > > remote web site is a bit more of a problem.
> >
> > www.photobucket.com is a site that offers free accounts that allow you
> > to host your photos. Uploading is done via a web page. Unlike most
> > other free photo hosting sites they allow direct linking, so you can use
> > a URL to your photos in forums or other web sites.
> > --
> > Steve Crane
> > http://craniac.afraid.org
>
> She wants to upload pictures to a specific 'web forum' she belongs to. She
> will need to find out the requirements for uploading.

According to Steve, photobucket.com allows you to give out URLs to the
photos. She could post the URL in the forum.

What I do is "send" the photos to myself to get a URL delivered to me by
e-mail. Then I post a message with the same URL (or even forward the
same e-mail) to the forum.

Yahoo! groups allow you to upload photos and/or files -- the moderator
controls who can do that -- moderator only or all members. Her
group/forum might be similar.

Just checked out photobucket.com. Looks cool. I'll give it a shot!

Jim
--
James D. Ivey <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Law Offices of James D. Ivey

This e-mail address is heavily spammed and heavily filtered. It's
better to reach me through my web site: http://www.iveylaw.com

< Previous Next >