RE: [SLE] No mouse pointer after SuSE 9.0 Pro install.
  • From: GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 17:56:17 -0400
"John N. Alegre" <listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 01-May-04 GarUlbricht7@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[ No mouse pointer after SuSE 9.0 Pro install.

> Just got back to it today.

[...]
>> I usually have to configure my mouse in text mode,
>> using yast2

[...]
>This worked to some extent.
>

> This is an acceptiable work around
> as this machine is a database / mail surver
> and will only be rebooted every few months.
> My worry is that this is an idication of a deeper problem.

John,

What I needed to do after I got my mouse roughly set in "yast"
was to edit the Section "InputDevices" from PS/2 to "imps/2"

and change the "ZAxisMapping" to "4 5"
as root on my "boxen-1" in the file: /etc/X11/XF86Config:

When i was done my file read (in part) as follows:

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Identifier "Mouse[1]"
Option "ButtonNumber" "5"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "Name" "Autodetection"
Option "Protocol" "imps/2"
Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

(I have a three button wheel mouse)

See also:

http://susefaq.sourceforge.net/faq/mouse.html
which explains a little more why I had to do this. YMMV

Hope this helps,

--

P.S. John, as you will notice, I snipped heavily.
Further, there is no need to repeat the whole message.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.