RE: [SLE] Has anyone come across or are using "Manhattan Virtual Classroom"?
  • From: Ben Higginbottom <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 20:17:10 +0100

>as asked, is anyone using this package yet on SuSE? What are your
>comments.

I took a look at it along with MimerDesk and Moodle for a school, MVC came
in last mainly because we already had an email system in place. Moodle won
in the end mainly due to MimerDesk having far too many applications for less
socially responsable individuals, still its a resonable package but I felt I
could get better results from Moodle + SquirrelMail, or in our case
Moodle+SLOX.

BTW as a little aside, I've just convinced the school to go dual boot as of
september. ~200 machines plus all first year students will be taught on
linux :)

>As I am about to relocate to a little town (28 Families, 1 General Store
>and one PUB) this may just suit my teaching needs. Saves the hastles of
>a big system for a small task or reinventing the wheel.

It'll do the job, but have a look at the alternatives before making any firm
decisions, you can see our moodle implimentation here:

http://moodle.centralmanclc.om

Contact me offlist if you want to take a deeper look around and I'll set you
up an account.

Regards,

Ben

  • No further messages