Re: [SLE] WordPerfect
  • From: Gary <gv-dated-13495744.ocolb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:37:41 -0500
On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:35:27AM -0500 or thereabouts, marcia wrote:

> >right from Corel..
> >
> >http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel2/Products/Home&pid=1047023021963

> Thank you for your prompt answer. I have found it. I appreciate your help.

piece of cake <g> You are welcome.

> Is it worth downloading and using? Do any of you really like it after
> using it awhile?

I have not purchased it yet, but plan to shortly. It is of nominal cost,
and I like to support WordPerfect for Linux in any way possible, so that
Corel hopefully will continue to improve/expand upon it. To me, it is far
superior as a word processor, IMO. and I use Wordperfect professionally,
over all other word processors, so yes I prefer it. <g>

Codeweaver is supposed to come out with a wine version which supports WP,
but this has been on the drawing board for a very long time, and nothing
has been done to date, after almost a year, so my feeling is to go with
the source directly, which is Corel, now that they have updated WP8 for
Linux.

--
Gary