Re: [SLE] IRQ routing conflicts
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 10:24:34 -0700
Coen Verkuyl wrote:

Looking with dmesg it see a lot of IRQ routing conflicts, and indeed they are related to the USB, ethernet and IDE controller.
I think I just learned something

Anybody knows how to solve this?
I had similar problems in the past and I got around it by setting the
BIOS to arrange the interrupts. I even individually set the IRQ number
for each PCI slot so nothing was sharing an interrupt. The boards that
gave me the most trouble were all Asus boards. With my own experience
and your post, I am begining to dislike Asus boards. with one of my
Asus boards, the certain slots share interrupts and there is no way
around it so I had to keep swapping cards around until I found a
combination that worked.

Damon Register